Wednesday 22 June 2016

So....If NSW Government Surplus in Annual Budget 2016-2017...Then Why Did NSW IPART Increase Public Fares? Is That Fair?

As I thought thought this, it occurred to me that whilst I applaud the surplus spending on new trains for Sydney trains,  I need to question another aspect of public transport that worries me.

Even though I understand the need for new public transport infrastructure and replacement of train carriages, why do NSW  public transport commuters have to suffer with train fares increases as suggested by IPART as from 1st July 2016?  Is that Fair?

This is something I would like our NSW State Member, Edmond Atalla, ' jump on the bandwagon' with and voice our thoughts on behalf the community. A  government  as it does it's budget can direct how they increase fares/retain fares and spend the surplus. Promoting public transport by maintaining fares, while interest rates are low is a fairer way of dealing with this!



Click here for nine news summary on NSW Budget 2016-2017 

Click here for NSW Budget 2016-2017



Click here for last post on NSW IPART Fare Increases

No comments: