Wednesday 22 June 2016

I Pay My Respects To Shane Hannah. R.I.P. - Former Mount Druitt Communters Improvement Group Inc Member

A member of Save Our Bus Services, Mount Druitt & Surrounding Suburbs, Mount Druitt Commuters Improvement Group, Shane Hannah, recently passed away leaving his mark as a regular public transport commuter and yet he had his own difficulties in getting to use public transport buses around the area.

Shane, I met in 2010 whilst campaigning for returned bus services, a single man that had difficulties in obtaining permanent jobs and sometimes dealing with the community mentally. Yet he had the passion to really assist the people of Mount Druitt with taking up petitions for a free shuttle bus, getting them completed and he was on the Mount Druitt Commuters Improvement Group Inc - Sub-Committee assisting with planning the logo as it stands.

I really went out of  my way to meet him at times, to explain to him how being a good person in our community helps a lot. In his later years, he was living 'on the streets' and was moving from place to place.  He offered charity and help in setting up a meeting room, providing glasses of water to other members, he was there and really keen to offer his service of help. He came up with ideas which were worthy and some have been implemented for public transport.

In a great respect he made me a stronger person dealing with him in calm passionate ways as i wanted to assist him in resolving his issues. I pray to God that now he has left our world. he rests in peace!

No comments: