Saturday 4 June 2016

Ammar Khan - Not Running As A 21st Century Party Candidate In Chifley As Previously Mentioned!

Chifley candidate selected
I am overwhelmed, when I have been asked, "What do you know/think about the 21st Century party and its Chifley candidate?" This was a comment left on previous post

I can tell you that I have  contacted Ammar Khan and he is not running as a candidate for 21st Century Party, it appears he is running again as an independent.

Yet here is a previous article from the Mount Druitt Standard/ Daily Telegraph, when he ran at last Federal Election in 2013 as a 21st Century candidate Click here for article

Although, the Mount Druitt/Daily Telegraph article stated he was running for  21st Century Party, he ran as an Independent. Ammar ended up as an Independent Candidate, in the 2013 Federal election received 1,749 votes 2.13% of the primary votes.

It is very good he is a local candidate, as that provides extra points if you know your local Federal Electorate, that much extra. Ammar's successful story is a success story that "Struggle Street" would not like to know!

So I must apologise to the readers of a previous post from the ABC website, it notified the community Ammar Khan is running as a candidate for 21st Century Party when he isn't. So, I cannot make any further comments on this candidate to date.

1 comment:

Adelaide Dupont said...

Thank you John.

For letting us know that AK is an independent.

Daily Telegraph! I would not rely on them very much though I know lots of people in Mt Druitt do.