Thursday 14 June 2018

My Decision To Catch Buses In And Around Mount Druitt, Again

Now, I am catching buses again to and from home. I have done my personal experiment of driving my car to and from Mount Druitt parking car at both North Mount Druitt and South Mount Druitt commuter car parks.

There is a few things I discovered and learnt about all this, which now makes me leave my car at home and use it for leisure. If you are new in the area, forget about finding a car spot so close to the entry of Mount Druitt train Station as all commuters spots on North Parade will be used up by 6.15am during Monday to Friday. You may need to find carspots west of the commuter car park, which leaves it open to possible itraffic accident incidents, whilst you are not there.

Yet there is good news is on the South Mount side, where there is approximately 15 to 20 spots available on angle parking on the west side, around 6-6.15pm

The driving my car down the road or two, finding a parking spot and then walkng to train station (not to mention expense) made myself decide recently to go back being both a train ans bus commuter.

The good thing about bus commuting is as soon as you hop on the bus early in morning there will be a seat. It gives you free time to thonk about what to do that day, week, month or in your life. This, then is a grwat way of relieving mental stress and gives ti qou clear thinking. No driving issues, No parking issues and no car
expense issues. Then there is the short healthy walk to train station at Mount Druitt.

There was also a personal incident, when I left my car until late at night under the Carlosle overpass carpark on North Parade, Mount Druitt and there was a gang of youths that did malicious damage to my vehicle. An incident like this can deter you from parking cars close to Mount Druitt train station.

The time goes quick. Yes, I for recommending and promotion of public transport in and around Mount Druitt as a way of getting around: much easier with less stress. Yes, I agree we need more updated ontime buses. That will happen if we have our commuter population increase, leave car at home (if you have one) and we'll become public transport promoters ourselves

No comments: