Monday 8 May 2017

What Cheeses me off at Mount Druitt Train Station Barriers......

I remember when I was a bit young watching 'Hey, Hey it's Saturday' and also 'Hey hey it is Saturday night'!

There was a segment called, 'What Cheeses me off?'  compared by Darryl Sommers. Which the word 'Cheeses' replaced swearing words and was a polite way of asking the question.

Image result for  food bags rollers
So, in the sane way, I want to raise my question of 'What cheeses me off?' This is in relation to incidents that are occuring at Mount Druitt train station at an approximate rate of 1 out 190 commuters ( according to a Sydney Trains Spokesperson.

It may not seem important to some but it us extremely important, because it  may create accidents to commuters. Simply it is people with luggage/suit case bags on rollers and food bag rollers that simply do not understand that a commuter should not and must not walk through the electronic ticketing barriers with either a luggage/suit case bags on wheels or food carry bag on wheels.

It happened to me a lady was rushing through peak hour 'getting home factor', just pushed her way  with her  food bag roller, in front of myself. She went through the barrier with a bit of discomfort for herself and myself, as she left behind her bag was jamming, at the gate. The only thing that released her bag, was tapping on the Opal Card from myself, releasing her bag and  making me not allow to go through the barrier. Luckily, the on duty NSW Police Officers watching, allowed myself to go through the 'Wide Barrier' as guess who couldn't get through it the normal barrier?

So my suggestion is that a clearly written sign be placed in front before entering the electronic ticketing barriers at Mount Druitt Train Station, advising that just commuters are allowed to go through the gates. Also, Sydney Station Staff  can make continual announcements as commuters enter and exit the  barriers advising of what commuters can take with them through the 'Wide Barrier', including prams and strollers.

Let's see what happens from here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The British-style ticket barriers seen at other stations (and most recently Parramatta) are a must for our station and Howard Collins must make it happen.