Saturday 13 May 2017

Please Explain? My Answer To The People Of Mount Druitt

The voluntary job I do or should I say have done for nearly 5 years as a Public Transport  Advocate and over 3 years as a community  advocate is never a financial reward and is not look on in that way.

I do not ask for payment, neither do I want payment of any financial gain as I would consider it as a bribe to myself; being totally dishonest to our community. Yet, there are other ways that reward myself for what I am doing. They are as follows:

1. Not debating with anyone when taking sides, having a proper
    two sided conversation and with peace of mind as ultimate goal.


2. Making people think that one voice, one thought, one issue
    raised for any community improvement is a sign of personal
    strength and reward for caring for our community.

3 A smile left in someone's life is much more rewarding for then
   any money given to me. I know it, that the power of God is
   working with me to improve the perception of what other people
   think of are - so if we have more positive promoting and good
   news in local and wider media that is a greater reward for myself.

4 Changing stake holders perception of placing Mount Druitt and
   surrounding suburbs from the back burner of the queue of getting
   things done to going to front of the queue is vitally important and
   when this happens this will be my reward.
5 To not run as a candidate for local, state or federal governments.
   Be the community advocate they listen too, they hear and
   respond.

So, what is making me say this. Some people think I am getting a financial reward for the voluntary work I do. No way and not only that I will not pay any money by way of any bribe to any politicians/ bureaucrats.

And lately someone said I'm doing this to get an O.A.M. but 'No' again, that is not my ambition. Give the O.A.M to our community or someone more deserving then myself. I'm not doing for self pride. Primarily. I'm doing it for our 'Mount Druitt Community', so we are so, so proud

No comments: