Saturday 18 February 2017

WARNING: Beware Of Copies/Dulpictae/Cloned of Face Book Members/Profiles Of Yourself and Friends

Whilst in our social media world we keep accepting friends, friends that we know or we think know, there are people actually duplicating real life profiles.  They are so good they actually act as your friend, yet they are scammers.

I had one that was a duplicate to one of our Face Book Members that sent two posts to me complaining that my duplicate profile  was wrecking their social media and I had to go to "Ron's" post. I search for Ron's post for the day - unable to find it on the Face Book Page. Then I searched this persons name of Face Book and the name had all 4 profiles. One of them I knew had the correct profile. Three were three fake accounts.

So I came back and messaged this  fake profile, you have got 4 profiles and  3 are fake, how about you send a screen shot of the Ron's post. Within minutes of posting this comment and request, the entire post was deleted and today the profile of this person has been deleted/removed.

One thing I notice on the link of the fake profile, there was no surname and mostly numbers and it was different to the original surname. When I looked at my own Face Book profile, my correct username is there.

So, I can tell you if someone sends a message similar to what I did check  and they many profiles - it could well be a  Face Book Hacker.

 It took myself a while to research it but if you or friends have cloned/ duplicate/ copied profiles here is how to Report these account to Face Book:

How do I report an account for impersonation?

If you have a Facebook account and want to report someone that's pretending to be you or someone you know:
  1. Go to the profile of the impersonating account
    • If you can't find it, try searching for the name used on the profile or asking your friends if they can send you a link to it.
  2. Click on the cover photo and select Report
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions for impersonation to file a report
If you don't have a Facebook account and want to report someone that's pretending to be you or someone you know, please fill out this form 

Click here for Another  Way  Face Book Hackers Can Fool You


This could have been the post the fake profile was referring  too but they were not clear, so that is why I asked questions......







No comments: