Sunday 31 July 2016

A Lady From Townsville That Needed Help - After I Asked about Blacktown City Council's Ward 4 & 5 Improvements

After I posted on 'whyilovemountdruitt' face book group the following:
 
"Does any one have any idea what are your main issues that you would like to see improved in Ward 4 and 5 of Blacktown City Council, within Mount Druitt and surrounding suburbs?"


I shared this to 13 local Face Book groups within the area and received a response from 'I Climbed Mt Druitt And Survived' Face Book Group. It was the normal posting response, requesting help of a different kind:

Karen Harpur Id like to get my welfare records, the lot, from 22 years ago from the Blacktown Department of Community Services DOCS. I live in Far North Queensland and I have to pay for my information. There's a lot of organizations that I need to get records from. This is not only financially difficult, the stress and pressure it has put on me is huge. My ptsd from my childrens fathers is debilitating. I have had my money order for DOCS to release my information but it is still sitting in my purse. Im not confident I can deal with the information being sent to me as staggered as the money becomes available. I went to Aboriginal Medical Centre in Old Mt Druitt for help against the lies were being told. It is an indigenous case. If you would like more information or to contact me, my mobile is (deleted for privacy reasons) If you are unable to help me, a brief message through here would be very much appreciated. I grew up in Willmot. Im 48 years old. Thanking you kindly, Karen Harpur.

I suggested I would assist her by contacting local, state and Federal Councilors and Members of Parliament in our area to see, who could help. I emailed all Councilors of Ward 4 & 5, NSW State Member for Mount Druitt and Federal Member for Chifley, maybe I was excited and reacted in panic, to assist. I was then overwhelmed with her response:

Karen Harpur Jean-Francois Svoboda can you do that ? Oh my goodness. I have tears escaping. I would be ever so greatful. However they decide. They may be able to steer ne in the right direction. Its too big for me. There's something within me will not let this go, I cant let it go.
Humbled much. My soul thanks you Jean-Francois from the bottom of my heart


As I later found out, it is the lady's MSW DOCs issues which may be assisted with  by NSW Member for Mount Druitt, Edmond Atalla or his office maybe able to assist her. I went in 7 different directions instead of 1, another lesson learnt.

So from here we will await for  any assistance, response given by Edmond Atalla and/or his office.





 

No comments: