Friday 29 July 2016

Further Info On Mysterious Interviewer At Mount Druitt Train Station - Was He A Scam?

So, serious concerns are being raised now after information provided to myself, by a Sydney Trains Mount Druitt spokesperson.

When I reflect on what I witnessed last week with the interviewer, what I was told by a Blacktown City Council Transport Spokesperson and finally, what I was told today, it is worrying me!

I was told today that 2 days before the male interviewer commenced his interviews/surveys on last Thursday week, he approached the Sydney Trains Mount Druitt spokesperson, showing a authentic/copy document from Blacktown City Council, allowing him to do interview.

This interviewer required and requested access to the below platforms and he was denied for 2 reasons: he refused to show his personal identification and Sydney Trains Mount Druitt, did not receive an email from their Head Office confirming any interviewer was coming from Blacktown City Council or from a private company. 

Once they are informed of these people doing interviews or  handing out leaflets, they have to proceed with an induction process, allowing them access to platforms. Emails are always received (Sent by Head Office) if interviewers or a campaign is on by Opal before the event.

I have also sighted the Mount Druitt Train Station diary and there was 'NO' entry of interviewer added in the book for that day- I was advised it was a new Duty Manager on that day and the Sydney Trains Mount Druitt spokesperson will discuss and investigate this matter further. They normally keep a copy of the documents from Opal or any other interviewers and so far no copies of these types, were sighted, from this myster.

The interviewer was only allowed to stay between Station Masters office and the electronic ticketing machine. 

After I advised that the interviewer was not representing Blacktown City Council, that I spoke to him  and was asking for commuters  under 49 years and requesting their phone numbers and names, the Sydney Trains Mount Druitt Spokesperson was shocked.


This is what is worrying myself, for the commuters that freely gave their details to this interviewer - the interviewer never gave a  business card or document explaining what the interview was about - all to me sounding suspicious. Added to this, is that the Blacktown City Council Transport Spokesperson advised his department knew nothing of any surveys they are conducting for under 50's, or on public transport.

I hope this is now further investigated and we get a response  from all relevant authorities for the benefit and to ensure that commuters provided details are not used for improper use.

Click here for previous post

No comments: