Wednesday 17 June 2015

Why I Love Mt Druitt - Ian Escandor!

Firstly, being born and raised in an area should not automatically default your attitudes towards your place of origin as 'positive' (e.g. look at all these NSW citizens going for QLD in the Rugby League State Of Origin... which is ridiculous in my opinion). I know many fellow Mt Druitter's who have ill-feelings towards their hometown - and I am most definitely not one of them.

With that being said, I am going to sum up my top 3 favourite things about "Mounty County".

  1. All the different cultures 
    • Mt Druitt is place of many cultures. With this I have experienced different ways of living, speaking, eating and so forth. Some people pay $1000 to visit a people from different cultures, for me - I take a walk down to the nearest shopping centre.
  2. The underdog attitude
    • Many times have I witnessed people strive and persevere because they come from a low-socio economic suburb. These are the people who do not succumb to the negative stereotypes, but use it as fuel to achieve great things.
  3. Munzer chicken (Paradise Chicken, across the Mt Druitt Station)
    • This is a must try. Believe me.
Ian Escandor

No comments: