Sunday 6 November 2016

Helping Out A Lost Mount Druitt Lady, At The End She Found The Sacred Heart of the Good Shepherd, within The Holy Family'

A story to tell in helping people:

Image result for the good shepherd
Help people every day is something is important tom me, whether it is be  something small to me or means something big to them. Today, was like God was working as a "Good Shepherd", whilst while walking back home from  church today, I saw an elderly lady struggling to walk along the pathway,  at William Mason Reserve, Mount Druitt, heading to Meacher Street.

Image result for sacred heart of jesusShe was actually 'lost' and then she ask myself where O'Brien Street was and I explained to her. No matter how simple it was to explain to her, she still couldn't work it out. Then she explained, that she was dropped after Mass from Sacred Heart, South Mount Druitt at her unit in Hythe Street, Mount Druitt. She was so determined she left her unit keys in the man's car and knew he was living in O'Brien Street (Parallel to Meacher Street) , but didn't know what number of place it was. All she knew it was a green car and it was old. 

Image result for holy family imagesAs she was confused of how to get to O'Brien Street ( which to me, was simple directions), she asked if  I could assist her as I mentioned I was from Holy Family and she knew of Father Greg,  from Holy Family. That is what assured her of  trusting myself.

So, we walked up Notley Street and I was trying to ask her if she knew where this person lived that dropped her, she kept going about it is an old green car and he lived in a town house. I told how O'Brien Street is a long street and has many town houses  and advise her it may be difficult to find him. Then her memory came back as we were  heading west on O'Brien Street, stating that I was dropped there once before and we  walk up the street the "old green car" appeared. She said I think this is the place, knocked on the door, spoke to the gentleman. 

 He checked his car  - there was no key to be found. I suggested she might have lost her key on the footpath and suggested she try looking inside her hand bag. She looked and declared her keys aware found, apologised to both of us.  I then said 'Don't worry, by the grace of the good Lord, he is looking after you!'

The gentleman drove her to her home and I walk back to my place.
The moral to the story is ' From the  the Sacred Heart of The Good Shepherd, The Holy Family will always help'*.

* Three local parishes within the Catholic Parramatta Diocese within the  area of 'Mount Druitt': Scared Heart, South Mount Druitt, The Good Shepherd - Plumpton and Holy Family  Mount Druitt

No comments: