Friday 18 November 2016

Blacktown City Council Public Transport Forum Meeting Number 41 Coming Up

Blacktown City Council, is always taking interest in Public transport and future plans by inviting community members to a Forum.

I personally have been lucky to be invited, as they know my stance as an true advocate for public transport within the Blacktown Local Government Area. It detests me when I hear something like, ' Council doesn't do anything or care about us - and it is in relation to  roads and public transport'.

Yet, when I tell them that they do care and are interested the subject changes. I have been invited to  six transport forums from Blacktown City Council since 2010 and my seventh one is coming up out of forty-one of them. It doesn't make me an old hand but it makes me a really interested hand.

The basic topics coming up are: Sydney Metro Northwest Project Update 2016, Railway Stations Upgrade Programs and Bus growth programs.

What is missing is  traffic improvements: traffic lights,  pedestrian crossings, Bus Shelters, Taxi Stands  - growth and the Council Bike Plan and any upgrade. I understand there is a new Manager of Transport at Blacktown City Council and when I have a chance, I will discuss will him.

So, if you have any ideas please present to myself and I will raise them, on your behalf

 

No comments: