Friday 4 November 2016

Paying Respect To Former Mayor and Blacktown City Councillor ' Charlie Lowles'

For me, I pay my respects to Councilor Charlie Lowles OAM, former Mayor of Blacktown City Council and  Ward 5 Councillor, who passed away on Sunday 30th October 2016.

Image result for charlie lowles
He was a great knowledgeable man, community man , local Labor Party man, Local Councillor for Ward 5, and  a  former mayor of Blacktown city Council that was sometimes nicknamed 'Mount Druitt Mayor'.

I have had many a conversations, some, where we had slight difference of opinion, yet there was that string believe we both shared and that was to get Mount Druitt off the front page of 'Bad News', in local news and  the wider press and replace 'Good News'.
We both knew this is a great place to live, we shared the common good of being proud of our Mount Druitt area.

Yet, admittedly, he spoke very fast sometimes. I found it hard to hear him at times. Maybe that was my fault for not being fast at listening. I have witnessed  Charlie Lowles being a Mayor and he ran it with such confidence and so fast. He knew how to run the Council Chamber.

He was instrumental in the upgrade of Emerton Pool, Mount Druitt hub library and the walkways in R.A.A.F. Memorial Park, Mount Druitt as well as many other community improvements. I remember our chats at Holy Family Church, Emerton, always wishing him well, to his family and thank him as to what he does as a Councillor.


I will pay my respects on Sunday 13th November, to him and  show how I  really appreciated, his tirelessly work as a Councillor on Blacktown City Council. To our community, I hope you can come down as well and pay your respects to him.

Click here for former details on services for Charlie Lowles  OAM

It is coming to a time, I would even like to suggest we name Ward 5 ' Lowles' Ward and, if we were able to change the Title of each ward by next election, I think it is better than having  numbers for memory  and I'm sure the majority of the community would agree as well.


Click here for previous post 






No comments: