Wednesday 1 October 2014

Kids Don't Mind Being Told To Improve - As Long As You Speak Nicely To Them!

Yesterday I spotted from a distance, a young teenager jumping over the fence on the middle island, on Luxford Road, Mount Druitt.

As he joined myself and started to walk beside, I mentioned nicely that what he done was illegal and could cause an accident to his own health, as what he was doing was posing as a risk, primarily to himself. He politely apologised to myself and I said, 'Really, you need to realise the affect it could happen to you if there was a serious accident. I advised he was lucky I didn't take a picture of it'!

Great response from him!

There was another youth riding a bicycle and I also advised of wearing a helmet and the potential injury if he doesn't wear one. He wasn't rude, he agreed and said yes.

On both occasions I spoke nicely and both responses were nice as well. I just hope they live and learn and place into practice! It shows kids are great in our area!

No comments: