Tuesday 8 July 2014

Did You Know Why This Wall Was Placed In Methven Street, Mount Druitt?

I now do. Yes how do I know it?  No, I didn't study it in books, look it up on the internet on-line. I just simply spoke to a community member that has lived in the area for over 27 years (3 more years than myself) and got the answer.

Simply easy as that! So the answer is: the wall was constructed, to split the road, as a preventative for flooding, to reach the south side of Methven Street, Mount Druitt. I actually thought it something to do with reducing car speeds, by reducing the width of the road. 


Apparently, there hasn't been bad flooding, in this part of Methven Street, Mount Druitt, in the time the male community member provided myself this little world of local knowledge. It probably depends how the Blacktown City Council rate flooding in the area, whether it be once, every 10, 20, 30 etc years.



No comments: