Monday 28 January 2019

Australia's Population Growth Slows (A Little) - Id. Population Experts

Australia is a wide and vast country, and has the capacity to hold more than our over 25 million population, we are holding now.

We probably have the room to fit many other countries population into our great land. We complain that we don't want more or need more population and we have influxes of population. Australia is a lovely country, a sunburnt country* and has wet plains. Australia is a country I was born in and am so proud of it.

We should welcome into our arms, immigrants from all around the world. As we do so, we need them to have their input into our multicultural country.  All they need to do is do either or all of the following: speak English properly, visit and discover all of Australia: its landscapes, bushes, seas, rivers and lakes. Also study in our primary, secondary and tertiary education system , obtain the job of their liking and suitability, raise children, retire as well as enjoy 'Australian Life'. Most importantly, is to respect all other Australians and honor past Australians. Leave their country laws where they lived before and keep religion as a sacred way to praise God and all people, not as new law in Australia. 

*When I was in young in primary school - I remembered the poem that we had to recite every day. I think this is a poem that all of us should read, know and understand of our country: all Australians and new Australians.  

It is such a beautiful short poem called ' I Love A Sunburnt Country' originally written as 'Core Of My Heart' by Australian, Dorothea Mackellar Click here for Dorothea's details . Here is an excerpt part we recited when I was young:



I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains
Of ragged mountain ranges
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror –
The wide brown land for me!
Excerpt from
My Country - Dorothea Mackellar 1908
On this day, 5th September 1908, Dorothea Mackellar’s poem 

No comments: