Wednesday 18 May 2016

How 'Local" Members Of Parliament means "Referred To Only One Local Members Of Parliament"!

This is where I fail to understand at this stage NSW Parliament, when there are issues raised that concerns outside your area, you are finger pointed to go to your local NSW State Representative. This is even though you already have done so unless you are writing to a representative of Government who is a Minister, for that relevant inquiry.

I remember when I was a constituent of Londonderry NSW State Seat and  approached the NSW Member for Mount Druitt's Office 
(at that time) and was quite bluntly told, even though it is about Mount Druitt, you are not a constituent of Mount Druitt , you will have to see your local NSW State Member of Londonderry, based in Werrington. I was at Mount Druitt State Members office at that time and the lady electoral lady did not want to look at my inquiry. or even at me. There was no once of  assistance given. I felt I was discriminated against by living in a suburb outside Mount Druitt, yet the suburb was part of Mount Druitt.*

Now I live in Mount Druitt for the past 2 1/2 years and it feels I have the official capacity to deal with the Member of Mount Druitt

* I was advised  by a  Staunch  member of the Labor Party Member  within Mount Druitt, that suburbs west of Mount Druitt were moved into Londonderry to make it a more stronger Labor seat. I Actually think boundary changes are based on  population changes!

The word local means within your area, it can also mean as far as local goes. I think all local State Parliamentary politicians - should be able to respond to  an individual's issues (which reflects community interests) within local's area.

 Information Sheet for Back benchers is the best I could locate for what role does local and neighbouring NSW politicians can do and the word "Local" here is rather loose!

Info sheet on Back Benchers (NSW Parliamentarians) 

I have no problems from my Local NSW Member of Parliament, Edmond Atalla , I have a problem with a rejection of a neighbouring Member of NSW Parliament who is not interested in Mount Druitt issues or wider State issues. There is another neighbouring NSW State member that always is polite, respectful and I receive at times feed back or comment. How does this make sense?

No comments: