Monday 9 May 2016

Mount Druitt Town Rangers - Popondetta Park Emerton As It Is!

As we talk about the area , if you haven't been to the area, you need to know the area you are talking about, as you talk about it. What do I mean by that! Simply, that I have been to an area of Mount Druitt I haven't been for 26 years!

Yesterday, I visited the Mount Druitt Rangers Popondetta Park main soccer field. I had a small  personal challenge trying to find the entrance to the  Park and car park. I  parked the car at Franklin Crescent, Blackett and could see the Park, but no car park entrance, then I turned around on Popondetta Road, right to Jersey Road and right into Siemens Crescent and I found a foot path but no car park. I knew there a car park for the Emerton Leisure Centre turned around again back into Jersey Road, left into Popondetta Road and found the driveway after the Emerton Leisure Centre car park. What a way to get there!

Finally after finding no outside Mount Druitt Rangers Sign ,  parked the car and had seen there was football activity on the playing field, I walked around the small stadium and stand on a stand on the western side where I watched the completion of the girls under 17 side beat Southern Suburbs 4 -1.  I spoke to a couple with their family, as thy explained it is difficult for recruiting young ladies for this sport and how Mount Druitt Town Rangers is ranked. People talk to me and I was excited.
 
I then sat at the Eastern end undercover seats and watched the Women's Reserves and First Grade side play their games  and play their games as  with great skills and local talent. Unfortunately they lost 2-0 and 3-1 respectively, I thoroughly enjoyed the day get tips on 'calls' from the Linesman who become Referees. As one of the officials said to me, ' We are just here to help the players'!

I saw players, get hurt, yellow cards from both sides and finally when the  Town Rangers scored that lone goal in the First grade  side - it was then 1-2 and I actually cheered for them. Coaches from both sides were  cautioned for not making comments to a referee and I believe they can be removed from the field if it continues. I think  a coach should  coach 'players' not 'Officials'!

I do suggest all community members, to attend a game or more of these important local sports people!

Click here For Blacktown City Council's Offer Of $5M Rebuild Of Popondetta Park 

No comments: