Saturday 21 May 2016

A Suggestion:Security Issues At Westfield Mount Druitt When No Security Was present!

Image result for westfield signWhilst we all would like security to be near us of every moment of every day, I must compliment Westfield Mount Druitt with the regular security guards they employ, patrolling inside and sometimes outside of  the shopping complex. They ensure there is proper manners from all community members and uphold the good respect that we all deserve to give of and to each other.

Unfortunately, I was entering the Mount Druitt Westfield shopping complex from Mount Druitt Town Square, yesterday, where usually there is security guards standing outside the electronic open doors. As I entered there were one man about 40 years old abusing a young man that had apparently dropped a carton of beer, with  possibly his father, beside him. All I heard was, 'Are so stupid- Common let's go outside and I'll  fight you!' Both the young man and his possible father didn't respond and were left standing with fear as other shoppers were shocked with the abuse provide by this man.

Obviously I didn't see what occurred before that happened, I raced on forward to see if there was security - spotted a cleaner and asked can she contact security - she said 'Yes'. She must have pressed an electronic message to the security guards, she ran with myself to the electronic doors and I could see a man on a mobile phone who was with the abusing man, pacing up and down outside in Mount Druitt Dawson Mall. Suddenly, about 4 security guards came down asked myself what happened?

I explained that I didn't see what happened that a man in orange top was a busing a young man and was causing a fight and pointed out the man to them. I couldn't see the  young man, walked away and then sighted the young man holding his carton of beer, appearing to be fearful of exiting the electronic doors. I ran back to the security guards and explained where the young man was standing. They went to approach the young man and started to question him. I then left for home.

I do think that after this incident has occurred and to be fair to Westfield security guards, they cannot be everywhere at every time, a Security Emergency button could be installed (like they do at train stations). To be used by the public, if situations arise similar to this, with security guards are being present and the public would  be aware of it, for their own protection!

No comments: