Saturday 9 April 2016

I Ignited Someone's Life - Thank You Lord Jesus Christ!

On Thursday, I was visiting Ignite Food Store in Emerton with Father Greg, Parish Priest of Holy Family Mount Druitt Catholic Parish and was so proud what they were offering to the poor and need to our community.

As I caught the 780 Bus back to Mount Druitt from Emerton, I met Lynn a grandmother, sitting next to me. She as heading for a Job Network Agency, looking for any work from cleaning to stores work.

I asked her, how long was she looking for a job? and she replied, 'A month and a half!' She didn't mind answering as she seemed to be in her own comfort zone. 

So I further asked, 'What work were you doing  before?' And I was stunned and left dumbfounded with her response!

'I was babysitting my granddaughter but now I don't have too, now!' What was amazing was the fact I told her something that in the immediate instance was not practicable for her. When I jumped into a subject that was something so practicable, to help her then she was full of compliments towards me.

It was because she mentioned of the fact that she was finding it hard financially to live on Centre Link payments. I then immediately advised of the benefits to the community, using this cost saving facility' 'Ignite Food Store, Emerton'! Because she needed a job, I mentioned she could apply for a volunteer job at Ignite Food Store but it appeared a lot of people for work there through possibly 'Work for the dole', Centre Link.

Sometimes, we don't realise that the  knowledge we acquire is the knowledge that will be  greatly needed and shared by others.

Image result for jesus looking down at the world If someone's life was previously darkened and you provide that torch to shine a light in their lives, then this in itself is a Miracle from the Lord Jesus Christ. The message  sent was that we  who are fortunate must at least lead needy, poor people and underprivileged people to the way of  having a better life.

My life 'ignited' this grandmother's life to the way of the 'Ignite Food Store, yet although I hadn't assist her physically or financially, I said to her, 'You don't have to  thank myself, I haven't done anything!' She responded and said, 'You have done a lot for myself,already!'

Thank Lord Jesus Christ, may all our live shine more!

Click here for post on Ignite Food Store! 

No comments: