Wednesday 10 September 2014

Mount Druitt To Parramatta Commuters - We Need To Solve The Fare Banding Distance - Maybe Now Proven!

We have had a response from NSW Parliamentary Secretary to Transport, Hon. Mr. Ray Williams, regarding fare bands distances measurement. It confirms what I have been advocating in relation to Mount Druitt train station commuters reaching Parramatta train station distances being under 20kms.

Here is the letter I have received from the NSW Parliamentary Secretary for Transport:


I have raised other issues, not mentioned in this blog. The most important part quoted from this letter is, 'regarding your feedback on Opal fares for trains, these are distances based on and calculated via the shortest route of travel between two nominated stations'.

So, as I interpret it, the sign posts along the railway line route should be correct, thus what we need to do is refer back to Opal to revise the fare band between Mount Druitt and Parramatta stations, and place commuters correctly on the lower band. The distance I have calculated and Sydney Trains signage has calculated, is well below the 20 km fare band.

Since the last blog was published, Opal referred myself to their outsourced Media company. Opal works 24 hours a day and this media company doesn't. They just stalled the situation and requested the same evidence. The day I spoke to them they had limited staff and no one was in that day to assist. Finally, next day, I got assistance, and received  a feeling of coldness from them towards this important issue. 

They were based in the Upper North Shore of Sydney, they couldn't handle the situation and everything to the Media at NSW for Transport. When I asked who they e-mailed to, 'I can't tell you, that is up to you to you to contact them'.

I even had to look up the Media phone number myself, they were reluctant to be helpful. Although they were paid for doing this, they have been highly overpaid for this job. I have asked Opal not to pay them for the non-work provided.

I have e-mailed NSW for Transport Media E-mail, to date no response from them. This is how Opal deals with this important matter and I found out they closed my inquiry on this issue. It is not a closed issue.

If we can save Mount Druitt Commuters money for correct lower fare bands, that is what we need to do. 

Will keep you posted!

This is what Opal States:
'For trains, the Opal fare matches the distance of track traveled between two Opal activated stations.' 
this above statement also confirms the distances calculated on different blogs by myself

Click Here For Previous Blog

No comments: