Wednesday 13 August 2014

NSW Parliament - Mount Druitt Loses A Great Local Man - Mr. Richard Amery, Member for Mount Druitt Retires Next Year!

After 31 years in NSW Parliament, The Hon. Richard Amery, Member for Mount Druitt, is hanging his NSW Parliamentary shoes.

He is the currently longest serving member of  NSW Parliament and I'm am sure he has had many impacts to constituents of NSW and especially Mount Druitt. Meeting this man quite a few times, I find him an ordinary man like you and me, that always talks with confidence.

I had met Mr. Richard Amery, at a community meeting, Whalan community hall, when bus services had been removed around Mount Druitt in 2009 - Click Here for original stories
What I do understand from here is that local State Members not in ministry may not be aware of bus services being removed but then the Party and NSW Government they represented knew about it. Did they inform local State Members - probably not. An elected member of NSW Parliament is supposed to know everything of NSW Government but it does mostly learn a lot from its own local community.
 
Since  then I have met him within the community, he has compliment blogs published on Save Our Bus Services, Mount Druitt & Surrounding Suburbs and Mount Druitt Commuters Improvement Group Inc.

I wish Richard a happy retirement life, after he leaves NSW Parliament next year and to his family and I hope I will keep on bumping into him.

As the saying goes, 'I'll take off my hat to him'! Well, because I wear caps, I say to him on behalf of the people of Mount Druitt, 'I'll take off my cap to him!'

There will be a race from the Labor Party ranks - who will take on his seats. I'm sure there are a lot of contenders.

Click for story in the Australian  

Click Here for previous blog on Mr. Richard Amery 

Click Here for Richard Amey details on Wikipedia





No comments: