Thursday 7 August 2014

Mount Druitt Walk Way Overpass Needs Constant Cleaning Improvements and Breath Testing Commuters!

As I was handing out information slips of this website (promoting it) , I got 'Thank you for doing this,' and a couple of  'Cheers'. One man I think he said, 'He is Mount Druitt'! and what I loved was all cheerful smiles. This was as I was handing out on the southern side of the Mount Druitt walk way.

What was intriguing was one lady said I am the one trying to get the buses back in the area. She has a good memory that is how I started with 'Save Our Bus Services, Mount Druitt & Surrounding suburbs and then Mount Druitt Commuters Improvement Group Inc.  I advised her I am still a member of that group but am focusing on physical improvements around Mount Druitt communities. I also applauded her for her great memory.

One male unnamed Mount Druitt community explained that Mount Druitt has a young community of residents.  A majority of people have been living here for 10 - 5 years or less. I then thought selfishly  that a majority of  people have lived in the area for twenty years or more (like myself). Additional to that there was 2 things that this person thought should be improved:
  • There is constant cleaning of the overpass walk way that crosses the T1 Western Railway Line, in between corner of Belmore and North Parades and corner of Beames Avenue an Mount Druitt Road, Mount Druitt. It was strictly expressed that the graffiti should be left on it as it presents sadness the artists want to share.
  • Claims that NSW Mount Druitt Police are target commuters coming off the trains at Mount Druitt train, that all people are hard workers and laborers. This is when these commuters have after work drinks, reach their cars and are breath tested and sometimes charged for being over the limit. The suggestion was to charge real drivers who are drunk and should not drive.

No comments: