Saturday 23 August 2014

Opal News For Mount Druitt Community - Apply For Your New Opal Card.

 I think these are simple messages, Opal  Electronic Ticketing is up and running and if you haven't got one, my suggestion is get one!  Pensioners can wait until Opal launch their Cards later in the year.

Child and youth cards are available as well as Adult Cards. Get ready if your cards are being  removed from service as from 1st September 2014.  Contact Opal.com.au or 131500 for further information.

For commuters using the old MyMulti3 Tickets, the maximum that I would be paying for  the year is $1,804.80 (deduct 4 weeks of holidays), under Mymulti3 I was paying $2,448.00 (deduct 4 weeks for holidays) - this leaves a total savings of $643.20 per annum.

Using my Opal Card fares for trains only over 20km's (at present) is maximum $37.60 per week,  and this would include buses being a free service after 8 train trips. Previously I was paying $51 for combined trains and buses, per week.

I understand that some Mount Druitt commuters would be on a higher fare band of $50.40 per week on Sydney trains. Here would only be a small saving but still it is savings.

Click Here for Sydney Trains MyMulti Ticketing


No comments: