Friday 26 August 2016

I Have Been Put To The Test By An Anonymous Community Member - And Yet I Appreciate It

A blogger, advocate or one of many voices for  the Mount Druitt area, it is not always an easy road as some may think. You get the community awards that  may or may not be noticed, but you are not just doing it for yourself, you are doing it for others. And that is always in my mind.

It is  not just getting my name out there and promoting myself, it is actually get the Mount Druitt name out there and promoting it. Making sure that people do love our own house, street, suburb and all the peoples that live in all of our communities.

So , why am I saying that? It is because an anonymous member of our community, has researched myself and thought I was a Councillor at Waverley Council in my younger days and that I am a blogging for the community because I want to be a politician. Added to this was the Rugby League team I support, South Sydney' was 'crap'.

Well,  I have responded kindly to this anonymous community member  in the following statements:

"Well done on your research, but I have never been a Councillor on any Councils. I have attended Meetings in my younger days at Waverley Council and of recent years at Blacktown City Council with no political motivation, even on a personal note, except in Blacktown to get what the Mount Druitt and surrounding suburbs needs, to get it's improvements and people end so, so happy. This is fact.

If you had researched when I had my first blog, Save Our Bus Services, Mount Druitt and Surrounding Suburbs as well as when I was posting for 'Mount Druitt Commuters Improved Group Inc', I stated then and still state it until today, that I will never be a Councillor or want to run for Council, or any tiers of government. Time and time again I reconfirm this to members of our community as I get ask to run and won't.

As for Souths Sydney, they may be a crap team now but they have mostly been the team I support. They did win the Grand Final 2 years ago and recently won 2 games. I don't know if we will win the last game this week.

Now, I know I am right in all cases, there has been an inner sense to help our community and inform our community and represent the community when ever I can on many issues. I communicate and speak with politicians to get Mount Druitt recognised, not being left in the back burner. Other people from Mount Druitt are their own advocates for the area as well. I am one small voice where are thousands of others.
 

.........one day, I want to leave a small positive mark within the community. That is if I can help one person in the area to make the community improved, I am satisfied.

Thank you for your comments and I hope you find my facts comforting and reassuring to yourself."


And after all that the response, on a return email from the community member was

"Thanks John.
It's reassuring to read your passion. I like that in men. A true conviction and a deep desire to fight for what's fair."


So I would like to say thank you to this wonderful anonymous person, whom at first  made myself go down memory lane and refresh my memory. I really appreciate it.

I am not a candidate for Blacktown City Council nor do I want to be. I remember I have visited Woollahra Council when my mother became an Australian Citizen and when I was a Scout Leader and the scouts had to attend Naturalisation ceremony at Woollahra Council.

You have to be dedicated to the community and be there for the community and represent the community and in doing so, the money paid is pittance, unless you are a Mayor and possibly Deputy Mayor. Remember a lot of the Councillors may have a full time job as well!

Click here on original post on how I got here: where I am today 

Click here on post of what is pays to be any politician 



No comments: