Monday 6 May 2019

My Work Retirement Day Is Today - My Face Book Page


No photo description available.
For the ones that care, today is a new beginning. I thought I would never see the day when I would ''Hang My Boots'. No, not on power lines, for good.

We have an aging population in Australia, a population that needs us 'Agers' to move aside and let young ones take over. I still feel young but with work directions of the last few months, when one doesn't feel 'happy' it is time to go or move on to a 'Happier' life. I am not seeking further employment.It is time for me to place my feet up and enjoy a life of a 'sea change'.

I have made my mark in the work place. I have been recognised as a genuine respectable colleague, always wanting to assist the ones needing assistance. I have been equally rewarded and at the same time take my cap off to all businesses that I have worked for; Woolworth Double Bay, Koala Park Regis Motel Sydney, Dunlop Tyres Mascot, Prudential at North Sydney/Chatswood, Advanced Credit Management & Credit Recovery Management to my current employer of today.

My life has also been fulfilled with my voluntary work within Mount Druitt as a community leader bringing 2 out of 3 bus services back into our area, retired Chair of Holy Family Pastoral Council, current Deputy Chair of Western Sydney Pastoral Council and finally Penrith Coordinator of Western Sydney Suicide Prevention and Support Network.

They compliment the job I get paid for. Now is the time to reward myself with the happiness I deserve and need to have especially after being the most affected person losing my former wife, Nirmala Svoboda through suicide. I know it also hasn't been easy for my children: Amanda & Alvin but I have been doing my best to be the parent left to be there for them.

Whilst changing my direction to a seaside life now, I want to thank my Fiance Debbie, for being there for me, for over the last 15 months.I confirm that I will share my new retirement life with you forever.and ever.

To my work and former work colleagues, I wish you success as the business strives to be the best company of it's type within Australia. I hang up my boots knowing there is a greater life to look forward too. A life where there is love, enjoyment and total happiness.

To others my advice is enjoy kids and see our beautiful Sydney's nature and wildlife, have fun open your eyes to the wonders of the world we live in.

Retirement is a 'take a break for the rest of your life time' and it is a personal reward for what you have done during your working career. No matter if you have had one employer or  100 employers in your working career, taking time out is  something that we don't plan for when we are young.

In fact, in primary, secondary and tertiary education we are taught educational subjects, so that we can get jobs, that  provide the income to provide the comforts  to live a good life. What they don't teach you is how you show take your retirement and when should you take it.

The current 'Preservation Age' to obtain your super as a part pension, pension or lump sum according to Australian Tax Office is:
Date of birthPreservation age (years)
Before 1 July 196055
1 July 1960 – 30 June 196156
1 July 1961 – 30 June 196257
1 July 1962 – 30 June 196358
:

Be mindful as there is a 17% charge on Super in retiring under age 60. Once you reach 60 years tax is free.

Thos sis what we should know before retiring.


No comments: