Friday 26 January 2018

Trains Strike For 29th January Averted - NSW Government

I can remember when I was young and heading to school from the NSW inner city suburb of Paddington  nd  travelling to school to StMarys Cathedral  Primary School that every school day I was travelling from Paddington ( home) to school. The distacmnce according to Google maps is 2.2km's which I find incredibale - I thought it was more.

In fact, it is shorter than if I want to walk from my current home in Whlan to Mount Druitt train Station is 2.7km. So Why am I mentioning this - for 6 weeks there was a bus  strike that made me walk to and from school -m although I found it exhausting after thiose 6 weeks  had completed and most relieved that I could catches buses again to and from school.

I  am  back to work on 29th January and I had made plans, just in case the train strike that was due to happen, happened. Now I am relieved that the train strike is averted by the NSW Government, yet I'm not pleased that we have had people travel to and from work with in my holiday absence, with reduced services due to annual and sick leave increase for train drivers.

I don't doubt Sydney Trains train drivers do not deserve a pay rise - everyone deserves a pay risebut based  on  working with the NSW Government and ensuring that time tables are run to service without increased sick leave and/or annual leavemor even stress caused to drivers  due to  every day experiences.

Click here for details From NSW Government

This may be an ongouing issue until Unions  and Governments work together - hand in hand - to get a resultion on the payrise request.

No comments: