Wednesday 7 December 2016

True Understanding And Belief of Christmas - A Spiritual Prayer Included

So, it's coming to that festive time of the year.

When people spend money on getting given gifts. Even gifts that may not be able to afford. Yet, do people understand why we are all giving? Is it for the sake of giving? Is the true meaning of Christmas in our hearts?
Image result for baby jesus gifts
Well, we know the commercial aspect of Celebrating Christmas is not forgotten when we see special sections of shops dedicated to selling of Christmas decorations, cakes and specially wrapped gifts. Offering of specials on  gift wrapping papers, solar lights, Christmas tree and decorations, ribbons, Christmas cards and Santa stockings and it goes on.

We have to under the meaning of 'Christmas' and simply it split into  a couple of words, Mass of Christ:
Image result for holy family christmasThe annual festival of the Christian church commemorating the birth of Jesus: celebrated on December 25 and now generally observed as a legal holiday and an occasion for exchanging gifts (dictionary.com).
 



Image result for st nicholas dayWe also have the symbolic Santa Claus, which millions and millions of children know him as a giver of  Christmas gifts, which was started by St Nicholas.


Image result for st nicholas day 

Even I remember Santa Claus when I was young and having my black and white photo taken, which was in a commercial shop called 'Grace Bros.' Bondi Junction. I still see young parents with children, lining up shopping centre for their children's visitation to Santa Claus and there was always that question from Santa Claus, 'What would you like as for Christmas and have you been good?' Then there was those 2 or 3 lollies given to the child, leaving them rush to their parents, with exciting news. Sometimes the parents would overhear what the child wanted for Christmas and they knew what gift to purchase and give them.

Putting Santa Claus aside, there is the annual celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, not to be forgotten. This is a day of  holy celebration in most Christian faiths and  is a day of joy, happiness and peace, not just among ourselves but among all people around the world. 

Image result for baby Lord Jesus ChristThe birth of baby Lord Jesus Christ, reminds myself of my birthday and I think it is should remind us of our birthdays, how our parents brought us into our living world. this is the time I thank my parents and God for making me the person I am today.

Here is a prayer I would like to share with you:

Lord Jesus Christ, blessed Lord of all,
May I thank you from the bottom of my heart,
For being there when my parents brought me, into this world.
May I pray that through Jesus's birth, the Holy Birth,
That we all remember the peace, love, spiritual prosperity and wisdom that we all want to share with you to ourselves and others around the world.

Lord Jesus Christ, we do not want  to lose the real meaning of Christmas',
As we  move each year to a commercial sense of celebration.
We thank you for sharing your love and understanding with us,
 so that we can be more human, at peace, with love and  be more spiritually, close to you.
By us listening to your Holy Word at each Mass, each  Holy readings, Gospel readings and Homily, you raise us ears, mind and body, creating that sense of beautiful spiritual awareness, so we tell other too and help your holy word.

In this time of peace, love understanding and hope, I pray that you made the poor rich in heart,
I pray that you make the homeless, housefull in heart, 
I pray that you ask the rich to your our their hearts and not only give to the needy but help the needy, 
I pray that where is wars, you instill total everlasting peace, 
I prays that where there are hard decisions to be made as an individual, group, business or government that you provide your guiding hand, 
I pray for  Parishioners to understand the  hard work, commitment and devotion that each Parish Priest and his assistants have to making your holy churches work in continuing your mission of  spreading your word out. 
I pray that anyone seeking help from you that you answer theirs prayers first and then answer mine,
I finally pray for the anyone that is agnostic or an atheist that you help them one day see your light,
And I thank you for listening to me.

By us celebrating your Holy Birthday, may you refresh our minds and lives with your spiritual love for us. I ask in faith of the  Lord God.
Amen

Click to other Prayers to Jesus and God
  So now, do we understand the spiritual understand and significance to Christmas. Maybe, depending on background and if you have different religious beliefs, you may not celebrate it now. Yet different religions may have their own Christmas in different times of the year.

Image result for peace love hope signsPeople from different religions are not barricaded to pray in or with other religions. I am a fine example of that, I pray in  a catholic Church and when my wife has Hindi Prayers I pray there as well. This makes it well blended  as my wife with come to a few masses a year and pray in my Church. This is the true meaning of the birth of Lord Jesus Christ, working today in the belief of God and his ways of  bringing Peace, Love  and hope into  our lives.

So, on that note:
Image result for merry christmas

No comments: