Monday 5 December 2016

Electronic Ticketing Machine Still Breaking Down On Buses - Loss For NSW Government

I have reported on previous posts that there are many times, when the electronic ticketing machines are not working.

Image result for NSW IPARTFor me, I am  happy that personally I don't have to pay for a fare that I should be paying, although  I  disputed with NSW IPART ( Independent  pricing And Regulatory Tribunal), in the past. Click here for previous post

Yet, whilst I also believe in honesty, the NSW Government must be missing Millions of dollars with many bus  having  constant break downs with electronic ticketing machines for Opal tickets. This needs to be investigated and if isn't I will enjoy free trips like I did last few days.
Image result for opal card logo

If they work at Train Stations, why can't they work on buses?

Buses  should be checked  by the Operators of Busways, Glendinning, before releasing them in to the streets.  My personal survey of  these buses running like this over the last few weeks is at least: one in two buses or one in three buses. Others may have different responses.

Image result for NSW Transport
I do feel more investigations for this, should be proceeding and any loss of income derived - should come from the bus operator.  NSW transport officials should do an inspection/audit on Busways  buses  to ensure these electronic ticketing machines are working to good order, before a bus starts its route. It wasn't important before we have electronic technology. Now it is imperative, that  it is attended too.

As a statistic, it also prevents the NSW Transport knowing to have proper information of  public transport bus users. So it has a second important role to play,  by ensuring they are all working.

No comments: