Wednesday 19 December 2018

Winter In Summer In Mount Druitt.......Unbelieveable!

We are experiencing a significant weather change within our area and it makes us feel different.

I can remember in my younger days when Winter in Sydney (Eastern Suburbs) was Winter and Summer was Summer. I can remember when I was travelling to High School by walking and by bus  and  had seen the early morning frost on gates and fences of houses. There were foggy mornings that made you not see 3 metres beyond your eyes.

I remember over 28 years ago arriving at Mount Druitt like a lost sheep in the desert and heading by bus the wrong way to the city. I can remember the frost in winter on all lawns walking down footpaths.

I can now see in our current winter: coolness and hardly any frost on lawns of houses and hardly any mist in the cooler winter mornings.
.
While the weather has changed in the last 3 to 4 decades to a warmer climate, the last few weeks we have experienced within Mount Druitt completely high temperature days. This is extreme weather in the beginning of summer to experience to next day ragging storms with hail stones pouring in our streets.

Here is today's photo of how it feels like a winter day in the morning (in summer):

This picture is facing west towards Penrith area

No comments: