Friday 4 September 2015

Ward 5 Councillor, Blacktown City Council, Jacqueline Donaldson Is Now Independent - True Independancy Will Show Now!

Image result for jacqueline donaldson blacktownWard 5 Councillor Jacqueline Donaldson, from Blacktown City Council has today resigned from the Liberal Party and is remaining as an Independent member of Council.

From Councillor Jacqueline Donaldson's Face Book page and new status: 
It is with deep regret that I have had to resign from the Liberal Party this week. I have done so because I do not agree with the way the party policies are going, including wanting to change the name of Blacktown which I disagree with.
I am told one of my Liberal colleagues is going to try and make out that I am racist and have resigned for racist reasons
I hope those of you who know me could never believe that.

For those who don't know me as well I have attended a Filipino church for over 10 years and my daughter in law and grandson whom I love dearly are Filipino.
I sit on the Aboriginal Advisory Committee, Sponsor an orphanage in Zimbabwe, a World Vision Child in Bangladesh, regularly support events at a Pakistani Mosque at Marsden Park and have donated to many organisations that help the poor in innumerable different countries.
I come originally from London where I grew up with many people from all over the world and I learnt that it is not about where you came from but what your character is like
My prayer is that my character will speak for itself

This leaves the Blacktown City Council Elections of Mayor and Deputy Mayor in the uneven balance for this month.

The current standings are 7 Labor, 6 Liberal and 2 Independent Councillors. So balance of power will be definitely with the independents as to who will be the Mayor or will Labor Party Mayor Stephen Bali be re-elected. Who knows maybe Councillor Jacqueline Donaldson, may 'throw her hat in the ring' for the Mayoral elections and gain support from all Councillors, how . would that be!

The problem with party politics is you have to vote on party lines but there are times individuals do not agree with Party line decision and power may take over. If the Councillor votes against Party lines for example on the 'Change of Blacktown City Council name', so be it. Councillors should all be working on even plains, party members with party members, whilst representing their  constituents in extreme good faith and fairness and sometimes Councillors will all agree on the favoring of issues, placing party politics aside and realising that 100% is the way to go for community improvements.

One thing we do know is Blacktown City Council will elect one Mayor and there may be more respect, kindness and talking between Councillors for the lobbying of the new Mayor!

No comments: