Friday 27 June 2014

Great Discussion With North Mount Druitt New Community Member

I talk about speaking to community members from Mount Druitt, who are enjoying the idea of what I am doing with this website, publishing blogs. Each time I send sent to 10 important stake holders and members of the local press (no response from them as yet), so that pictures speak better than words.

Yesterday, I met a man called Halfiz and he has recently moved into the area, being told Mount Druitt is a very bad area to live in (this is what I don't love people to say of Mount Druitt). Yet after a few months now of living here, he now declares Mount Druitt is a great place to live in. He has great neighbours, shops and  people within the community (strangers) talk to him.

When I explained of 'whatiloveaboutmountdruitt', he suggested that this group should have representatives as Councillors on Council, he was shock it wasn't a group, it was just myself representing Mount Druitt people, using electronic media as advocacy for improvements of the community, in a non-political way.

People of Mount Druitt are great. There will be more stories from people to be told.

No comments: