Thursday 26 September 2019

My Pride With 'whyilovemountdruitt - Face Book Page.....


John Svoboda

2 Polls I have conducted today are bringing  in great results for our Face Book Page. Here they are:

1) Important for everyone to respond: What kind of post do you like on 'whyilovemountdruitt' Face Book Page? Add Option and indicate what type of one do you chose, please?

Results so far:
Community Improvements Required  3
Blacktown CC - Media Releases        3
Community Outreach/Resources       3
Local Business Advertising                1

2) How would you rate 'whyilovemountdruitt' Face Book Page - 1 being lowest and 5 highest?            
Rating of 5 -                                        7
None for the  rest

My pride with 'whyilovemountdruitt' Face Book Page:
My prides increases with all of you ( please read long post):
Wow! We as a Face Book Page have reached a never to be seen community Face Book Record for 'whyilovemountdruitt' at a record 332 members.This is astonishing as I started this Face Book Page with 1 Admin and maybe a 12 members at the beginning. This Face Book Page was never set u to be a political page, local incident crime page or alert page. It was set up to be a small voice of people to report community improvement coming to the area or simply a hole in the ground to be fixed.

My community involvement as a Leader of a community group that got returned 2 out 3 bus services, that were originally removed from Mount Druitt area. I do not take credit for that but for the original people that spoke to neighbors, local, State & Federal politicians, friends and families. This eventually lead myself to commence both website and Face Book Page of 'whyilovemountdruitt'. I hear people talking about it. I hope in as a much as common ground of talking about it. I love when I see comments on Face Book, where someone never knew what was happening and thought that because of the area was not being looked after in some area - when it can be done and 'Stake Holders' Listen. I was proud when I was ask by Blacktown City Council Media to be part of a Local Media ( Social Media) that posts 'Blacktown City Council - Media Releases'. I don't consider myself a qualified 'Media Spokesperson' but I think in 'Social Media' I am like all of you!

Mount Druitt is a pivotal part of Western Sydney, when people do work and people go else to work hard: paying rent or mortgages. Properties are still on the lower end of the property market but are still respectable. Young people can save hard to purchase properties and young people do want to complete not only their secondary but their tertiary qualifications as well. Why I love Mount Druitt because it is 'The People' past and present that make Mount Druitt a wonderful place to live in. I know that with the 332 members we have( and as it grows) - the word gets around.

I would like to now ask you all to comment on the content of the posts that are in 'whyilovemountdruitt' Face Book Page and ask what contents you would like. Something that we can share in good context.
2 Comments


  • Kerri Bradbury Thank you John for your efforts. This is a great result and I’m sure this group will continue to grow.
  • Lyn Thorley The site is always informative and accurate. It’s great!

 

No comments: