Sunday 5 August 2018

A Game Of Sport Is Only A Game Of Sport: Spotted At A Junior Rugby Game In Whalan Reserve

This happened a few weeks ago watching a Junior Rugby League game at Whalan Reserve, do you think we need to have these signs at all local sporting games where children are playing there games. What do you think?



It is a shame that people have to be told to have respect to volunteers in our world as my parents taught me respect, love and understanding to others. A game is just only a game: win, lose or draw. There should always be the same respect for officials from  visitors and players at any level of sports inclusive of junior sporting events. 

If a team loses, a team loses and if a team wins, a team wins: that is the way it is - but because our children are very competitive. children can be upset with loses and excited with wins. 

You know I can tell you  a true story that happened to me in high school - this may make you feel better, I was in my last year of high school  in a school that was 'Rugby Union' dominated - so I joined the School's 2nd Eleven Soccer Team. Well, our team was made up of  young men that mostly wanted to play for the fun of it and a couple played seriously. 

I knew I'd never be selected for 1st Eleven and was satisfied which team I was in. Our team lost a majority of games. I remember that  one of my co-players kicked the ball into the goal and even if I wasn't at the goal when the ball arrived - the goal would have been claimed by him. Because it skimmed off the top of my thigh into the net - the goal was claimed by myself. He never got upset and  everyone came to me as that was our first goal of the season- although we got thrashed 6 to 1 goals. I actually said to him that was his goal - he  was quite happy for it to be my goal. Respect to each other. It's funny I was the highest goal scorer at the  end of the season with 3 goals.

We were always respectable to officials as they are the ones that made sure the game was played fairly within rules. No one was  never upset with them







No comments: