Friday 9 March 2018

Blacktown City Council - Media Release - 2018 Blacktown Woman Of The Year Quotes

Media release
Description: Description: BCC Logo 2007 Ver - Coloured - Outline Text


8 March 2018

Quotes from Sudanese refugee, international model and masters’ degree candidate and now 2018 Blacktown Woman of the Year Anyier Youl.
“To be given this award on International Women’s Day is very special … just being nominated was very special to me and to be able to encourage so many people is an honour.
“It never kicked in that the job that I do and what I do was recognised elsewhere, so when I got the phone call about the nomination it was a surprise.
“It gave me the motivation to really try to do well in the community and be the voice of young people and of refugees and [those from] migrant backgrounds who have moved to Australia with no English and no educational background.
“To see the finalists that were nominated and to be the youngest one, I’m happy:  it gives me the courage to do more and to inspire people.”
  
Description: Description: \\Bccfiler\shared\Shared\DEPT\CS\CEPR\1. Communications\1. Communications\Photographs\International Women's Day\2018\Breakfast\Anyier Youl and Cr Julie Griffiths.jpg

No comments: