Friday 5 July 2019

Do You Think This Is a Possible Scam? - Shared From to MtDruitt Local Neighborhood & Crime Watch

Tell me if this is a scam:
A fellow called, 'Kevin' from Smith Family (1/4 Irish) and there a lot of us in the area here to ask you something. He said that he was here to sell an idea they have with homeless children which is over 100,000 children. He said that The Smith Family feed, educate and refer them to foster homes and need an adult to send messages every day to this children but it costs $1.70 per day.He presented a small book to look at and said you will be on a 15 day cooling off period before payments are made.
He then obtained details from myself: name, address, dob email address, sent a text that said from 'Smith Family'
"Thanks for becoming a child sponsor John. Your monthly gift will hep an Australian child catch up, thrive at school & break the cycle of the disadvantage." and required bank details.
When I said I will not provide bank details - I said I will look at book and get back to him. He then said everyone gives banks details as that is your pledge to these children. Again I said to him I'm not everyone and rather not provide this due to scammers and fraudsters. All of a sudden he said he will delete my details, required the book back from myself and he disappeared like a flash of gun and I quickly heard him drive off with his car.
I think I did good.

No comments: